What kind of artwork do you show at Ghost Gallery?
- For our curated solo and small group exhibitions, we primarily feature artists that are exploring the following themes in their work: Environmental/Climate Change, Wildlife Conservation, Biological/Medical Issues, Social Justice Issues, Health + Technology Issues.
Can I just stop by anytime with my portfolio for review?
- We politely cannot accept walk-in portfolio reviews. Please refer to our News page for current Calls for Art and submit work for consideration accordingly. *Even if the gallery is quiet when you come in, there is a lot of work that is consistently going on behind the scenes, so we ask that artists please respect the submission process.
How do you find artists?
- This is probably our #1 question asked. For our group shows, we announce current Calls for Art on our News page with submission details // We have established long-term relationships with many of our solo exhibiting artists, and work within the gallery’s curatorial parameters and mission to introduce new and emerging artists.
I don’t work within any of the themes listed in the above statement, but I really want to show at the gallery. How can I still be involved?
- Our annual Holiday Mini Art Exhibit, and periodic themed Group Exhibitions are a great opportunity to submit work for consideration. We also curate for several other venues in the Seattle area, calls for which are posted on our News page.
How do I submit my jewelry/handmade goods to be considered for the gallery?
- Please email us with a link to your website and/or Instagram and a brief bio - Note that while we do read all submissions, we receive a lot, so are not always able to respond to each person. If your work is a good fit for the gallery we will definitely be in touch!
Can I rent the gallery for my reading / workshop / special occasion / pop-up event?
- On a case by case basis, we can accommodate very small groups (up to 20-25 people) at our Downtown Seattle gallery. Mainly standing room only with several seating options (2-person loveseat, 2-person bench, 2 club chairs, 4 bar stools), and we are ADA accessible (it’s a very cozy “living room” vibe). Please email Laurie with details on your event, date(s), # of guests expected, etc.